Sepsis is a life-threatening organ dysfunction caused by an uncontrolled immune response due to infection. It is a global health problem and a leading cause of death worldwide, with an estimated 48.9 million people dying each year. [1-3]
Early diagnosis and treatment of sepsis remains a major challenge in intensive care units. PCT, the thyroid precursor of calcitonin, is a 116 amino acid polypeptide with a molecular weight of about 13 kDa. Under physiological conditions, PCT is specifically synthesized by thyroid C cells and divides successively into 3 fragments, N-terminus, calcitonin and katacalcin. [3-8]
Serum PCT levels in healthy individuals are very low (<0.05 ng/mL). In response to microbial infection and systemic sepsis, PCT is expressed in various tissues via stimulation by inflammatory cytokines or bacterial endotoxins and can be elevated up to 1000 ng/mL. [5-8]
Proline Procalcitonin FS comes in a liquid format which provides convenience for users as no reconstitution is required which helps reduce the risk of misdiagnosis.
Proline Procalcitonin FS reagent is suitable for various third party analyzers such as Abbott, Advia, Cobas, Hitachi, Olympus, Response, TokyoBoeki, and Beckman Coulter. Please contact our technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org for further compatibility information on other types of analyzers.
- Homogeneous method for measuring HDL cholesterol without centrifugation
- No prozone effect up to 1000 ng/mL
- No interference: ascorbic acid 150 mg/dL, bilirubin 60 mg/dL, hemoglobin 1000 mg/dL, lipemia to triglycerides 1500mg/dL, rheumatoid factor 1000 IU/mL, α&β-CGRP 10 g/mL, calcitonin 20 ng/mL, cefotaxime 180 mg/dL, Dobutamine 22.4 g/mL, Dopamine 26 mg/dL, Furosemide 4 mg/dL, Imipenem 0.5 mg/mL, Norepinephrine 4 g/mL, Vancomycin 3 mg/dL.
- Measurement linearity reached 180 mg/dL (4.7 mol/L)., with a lower limit of detection of 1 mg/dL
|No. Catalog||R1||R2||Kit Size|
|1 7318 99 10 930||2 X 18 mL||2 X 6 mL||Hitachi 704/717/902/911/912/917|
PCT levels may be elevated independently of bacterial infection in the neonate (< first 3 days of life, physiological improvement) [14-16].
- Immune System
Reach out to our team for more product and orders information.
- Phone. +6221 8984 2722
- WhatsApp. +62 815 1359 2626
- Email. email@example.com
Contact our Technical Assistance team for further assistance with product specifications, services and other technical documents.
- Phone. +6221 8984 2722
- WhatsApp. +62 817 9324 884
- Email. firstname.lastname@example.org